Monday, May 27, 2013

Young-jun Yoo / Pinning it down / Tue 3,4

Teachers

 

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. From kindergarten to middle school to university, we learn many things from teachers. Among these teachers, some are good and some are bad. Most people probably only remember the best ones, but in my case, the worst teacher is who I remember most. He was in charge of my class when I was 18 years old. My classmates and I were very noisy and distracted back then, but not in his class time. He was one of the most charismatic teachers in my school so nobody dared to chat with their classmates. Although he was short and a bit old, he was very bulky and his eyes were sharp as an eagle's. We were forced to memorize all the words in the textbook and take a test besides the regular curriculum, and the teacher's rule was that "if anyone fails the test, all of you take responsibility." So, whenever anyone got a wrong answer, all of students in my class were hit in the thigh. When hitting us with a billiard cue, he always said that "this is for all of you to learn a sense of solidarity." I thought it was absolutely unfair and really hated that teacher. But, as I grew up, I realized that he did those things for our sake and I grew up into a right-minded person thanks to him. I am glad that he was my teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment