Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Se-Kyu Oh / Pinning it down / Tue. 11:00

Most Impressive Teacher I've Met

 

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. Some are good and some are bad. There was the most impressive teacher I really liked when I was in high school. It was his first year to teach students but he had passion. Whenever his students got bad grades on tests, he said "It's my fault that you didn't do well on the test" and then prepared better lectures with improvements such as video clips of documentary channels and pictures of historical sites and events. He even brought us to historic sites in our city on one weekend after the mid-term. He also helped us learn an important lesson of life. It was the day before SAT. At the end of the class, he stayed at our classroom. Looking around the classroom, he said "Everyone fails. Some of you will fail. However, don't regret or blame yourself. Once you fall, you'll know how to stand up again. That's how life works." After I hear his advice, my heart started to beat with an emotion that I've never experienced before. Eyes opened wide, my mouth repeated what he talked to us and it felt like something inside of me was moving to make me impressed; it was sincere respect to him and his advice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment