Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hyejeong Yu / Pinning It Down / Tue 3&4

We meet a lot of teachers in our life. When we go to the elementary school, we meet homeroom teachers. Then when we go to the middle and high school, we meet math teacher, English teacher, literature teacher and social study teacher. And in Universities, we meet professors. There are countless teachers we meet through our entire lives. Among these teachers, some are good and some are bad. Some teachers teach student in a way that is easy to understand or they listen to what students say. But some teachers are terrible explaining so the students would not understand clearly or they scold students with no reason. For example, one teacher at my high school always tried to pick on my class when we were doing extra self-study time. Even on the day my class was studying quietly, he opened the window and said, "Keep talking, you'll end up with university with no name." It turned out later that the next class was talking not my class. But not all of teachers we meet in our life are not like him. There was one teacher I really liked. She is my last homeroom teacher at the high school. She taught us well and helped us learn other things too. She was English teacher and she taught students very well that when signing up classes for summer vacation, her class was always the first class became full. She also helped students learn other things like having courage no matter what. She listened to students problems carefully and gave us inspiring message to encourage us. Just before 20 days before Suneung, when I was depressed because my grades were not satisfying, she said not to worry because I have been doing my best and I will be rewarded someday. It gave me courage to keep going on through hardships. I am glad she was my teacher.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment