Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hyein Jin / TV : Could You Do Without It? / Tue 11 a.m. class / 12march2013

TV : Could You Do Without It?

 

200903450 French/EIT

Hyein Jin

 

 

 

I would definitely be able to live without TV because of two reasons. First, I don't like spending a lot of time in front of television. Although I found watching TV is fun for most people, looking at screen while doing nothing but just watching usually makes me feel bored. TV also harms my body condition since it incurs headaches often. I prefer reading, which usually excites my imagination and insight. Secondly, I believe TV gives us limited and superficial information which only bring instant satisfaction. I watch neither soap opera nor TV shows because I've been feeling really tired of TV programs that were not up to par. I sometimes feel lost among people fascinated by unrealistic drama. I feel our drama and entertainment contents are filled with cliché after cliché, and have bad influence on a lot of people, because majority of contents easily push appearance-oriented view and frivolity into real society. I hardly like to object to arguments that TV is useful because it vividly deliver actual information. However, I also want to address that the things we get through TV is edited deliberately somehow. I never watch TV at all already, and I would rather feel peaceful without TV.

  

I appreciate your comments and feedbacks in advance!
Have a great weekend:)
 
Hyein 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment