Saturday, April 6, 2013

assignment 4 Jang Eun hye

201104213 Jang Eun hye

 

How to be happy

   On March, 12th , 2011 something happened. It was the tsunami disaster in Japan that changed my view on life. Watching the news, I wondered what the victims regretted most at the moment of death. It cannot have been money, fame, and power and so on. I thought to myself that if I had been among them, I would have wanted my life to be more happy. From then on, I have found happiness. Finally I got the answer. To be happy, do not do what you will regret!

 

   First, Don't put off till tomorrow what we can do now. Food to eat, places to visit, movies to watch, books to read and the likes are overflowing around us. There are many kinds of things to enjoy. Even if we try these things from now on, it is impossible to enjoy all of these things. If we live only for tomorrow, making excuses like a lack of time and money, at the last moment of our life, we would have memories of insecurity of future. Want to have good memories? Then enjoy the present!

 

   Second, fall in love. Love has amazing powers. While we fall in love, we can wake up expecting something merry, lean on the other person facing the harsh world, and take care of ourselves better to be a better person physically and mentally. It can change the real world into heaven. However, sometimes it does make us sad. Someone says love is a rose which has thorns to prick. However imagine the world without roses. Don't be afraid of being pricked by the thorns. If we don't take the risk to pick the rose, we would never know its scent. Wonder its fragrance? Then pick the rose now!

 

   Third, stay healthy. It is the most important thing in order to be happy. There is a real story of a man. A millionaire tried to find a doctor who could heal his illness and If the doctor healed it, he would give all of his money to the doctor. When we get rich and we lose our health, nothing else matters other than health. We can not do anything but lying on a bed regretting not taking care of ourselves first. We know the saying, "a sound mind in a sound body." A sound life? Start from a sound body.

 

    I have a life motto, "seize the day", because I can not be sure that I will have tomorrow. When the moment of my death comes right in front of me, I want to confess to my family, " At least, I have no regrets. So I am very happy." It is said that at the last moment, everybody regrets what he or she did not do rather than what was done. So living the present is the key to being happy.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I liked your points of happiness. They were clear, well related to the subject, and I agreed to all of them.
    I think your hook is well written, because it really grabbed my attention, and it is also very well linked to your point on the first paragraph.

    2. Your main point seems to be you can be happy when you do not put things off tommorow, fall in love, and be healthy.

    3. I liked the way you compared rose with thorn to the love. It was easy to understand, and at the same time it made your writing more poetic.

    "seize the day"
    This sounded very strong and I think it is the best way to summarize your point in the first paragraph.

    You finished all of body paragraph with question and advice. I think it is really nice because it gives the unity to the whole essay.

    4."lean on the other person facing the harsh world" on the paragraph 2 has problem.

    It can be either:
    1)lean on the other person, while you are facing the harsh world

    2)lean on the other person who are facing the harsh world

    I think you meant the former, judged by the context, but you still have to make it clear.

    5. I think this is an instruction essay, rather than cause and effect essay. You are talking about what to do, instead of analysing the cause and effect. Therefore I think you should change the expressions you used in a way that shows cause and effect, using things like conditional sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 201104213 Jang Eun hye

    How to be happy
    On March, 12th , 2011 something happened. It was the tsunami disaster in Japan that changed my view on life. Watching the news, I wondered what the victims regretted most at the moment of death. It cannot have been money, fame, and power and so on. I thought to myself that if I had been among them, I would have wanted my life to be more happy. From then on, I have found happiness. Finally I got the answer. To be happy, we must not do what we will regret!

    First, If we don’t put off till tomorrow what we can do now, we can be happy. Food to eat, places to visit, movies to watch, books to read and the likes are overflowing around us. There are many kinds of things to enjoy. Even if we try these things from now on, it is impossible to enjoy all of these things. If we live only for tomorrow, making excuses like a lack of time and money, at the last moment of our life, we would have memories of insecurity of future. If we try to live the present, then we will end up having good memories and we can be happy.

    Second, If we fall in love, we can be happy. Love has amazing powers. While we fall in love, we can wake up expecting something merry, lean on the other person while we are facing the harsh world, and take care of ourselves better to be a better person physically and mentally. It can change the real world into heaven. However, sometimes it does make us sad. Someone says love is a rose which has thorns to prick. However imagine the world without roses. Don’t be afraid of being pricked by the thorns. If we don’t take the risk to pick the rose, we would never know its scent. If we try to pick the rose, we will be happy by its fragrance.

    Third, If we stay healthy, we can be happy. It is the most important thing in order to be happy. There is a real story of a man. A millionaire tried to find a doctor who could heal his illness and If the doctor healed it, he would give all of his money to the doctor. When we get rich and we lose our health, nothing else matters other than health. We can not do anything but lying on a bed regretting not taking care of ourselves first. So if we try to be sound, we will be happy.

    I have a life motto, “seize the day”, because I can not be sure that I will have tomorrow. When the moment of my death comes right in front of me, I want to confess to my family, “ At least, I have no regrets. So I am very happy.” It is said that at the last moment, everybody regrets what he or she did not do rather than what was done. So living the present and doing whatever we want to do now are the keys to being happy.

    ReplyDelete